About MTF

Mauritius Tennis Federation

Our History.

In 1910, the Mauritius Lawn Tennis Association "MLTA" was founded. The association then brought together five clubs, namely the Mauritius Cricket Club (known by the Rose Hill Club in 1932), the Mauritius Gymkhana Club, Vacoas Lawn Tennis Club, Sporting Club of Saint Peter and the Quatre Bornes Club.

Nevertheless, it took more than 80 years, and then on 3rd of April 1991 the MLTA was officially registered with the Registrar of Association. On 8th of July 1999, the MLTA became a full member of the International Tennis Federation, at the Congress held in the Netherlands. With the changes in the Mauritian's sport level, the MLTA changed its name during its general assembly on 29th of March 2001 to become the Mauritius Tennis Federation "MTF".

The change of name was accepted by the office of Prime Minister on 24th of September 2001. From 2001 to date, the MTF has operated with the support of its regional committees to be in line with the Sports Act.

On 18th of February 2002, the Prime Minister Sir Aneerood Jugnauth, laid the foundation stone for the construction of the National Tennis Centre, at Petit Camp. A year later, on 25th of July 2003, the Center was inaugurated by the Minister of Youth and Sports, Ravi Yerrigadoo.

Office Bearers & Staff 2017-2020.

Mauritius Tennis Federation staff


Vice- President:

General Secretary:

Asst. Secretary:


Asst. Treasurer:

Board Members:

Co-opted Member:

Administrative Secretary:

Mr. Kamil Patel

Mr. Edouard Ah Chuen

Mrs Blackburn-Lennon

Mrs. Dominique Thomas

Mrs Doris Chan Tam Neng

Ms. Charlene Nayna

Ms. Emma Taikie
Mrs Georgina Rogers
Mr Jean Olivier Joly

Mr Jean-Michel Giraud

Mr. Kriss Napaul
Babita Bucktowutsing

Our Vision
Bringing tennis to people


To promote & develop tennis in Mauritius for all at all levels.


To provide assistance to our athletes to achieve their maximum potential.


Senior & Youth Elite
Sports for All

Our Partners

Confederation Africaine de Tennis
International Tennis Federation