Player Directory
Partners


ABOUT MTF

In 1910, the Mauritius Lawn Tennis Association "MLTA" was founded. The association then brought together five clubs, namely the Mauritius Cricket Club (known by the Rose Hill Club in 1932), the Mauritius Gymkhana Club, Vacoas Lawn Tennis Club, Sporting Club of Saint Peter and the Quatre Bornes Club.

Nevertheless, it took more than 80 years, and then on 3rd of April 1991 the MLTA was officially registered with the Registrar of Association. On 8th of July 1999, the MLTA became a full member of the International Tennis Federation, at the Congress held in the Netherlands. With the changes in the Mauritian's sport level, the MLTA changed its name during its general assembly on 29th of March 2001 to become the Mauritius Tennis Federation "MTF".

The change of name was accepted by the office of Prime Minister on 24th of September 2001. From 2001 to date, the MTF has operated with the support of its regional committees to be in line with the Sports Act.

On 18th of February 2002, the Prime Minister Sir Aneerood Jugnauth, laid the foundation stone for the construction of the National Tennis Centre, at Petit Camp. A year later, on 25th of July 2003, the Center was inaugurated by the Minister of Youth and Sports, Ravi Yerrigadoo.